Cornell Club Of Singapore Mid-November 2015 Update
Lunch & Learn: “How to use behavioural science and big data to combat global warming”
Overview: While it’s always hot in Singapore, have you also noticed the news about climate change? Join this Cornell Club event and hear firsthand from Stephen Lo (Cornell ’91, Engineering ) about how Opower is trying to do its part to combat that change by partnering with utility companies in 95 countries.
Date: lunchtime during 1st or 2nd Fri in December, 2015
Venue: Opower Asia Pacific, 28/F, PWC Building, 8 Cross Street, Singapore 048424
Icebreaker [5 mins]
Brief explanation [30 mins]
Q&A and open floor [25 mins]
Kindly RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 9086-2813 (WhatsApp/SMS). Seats are limited to 10 people. First come, first served!
DUAL HIGHLIGHT EVENT: DUAL Thanksgiving Continue reading CORNELL CLUB OF SINGAPORE & DUAL MID-NOVEMBER 15 UPDATES
Below please find the DUAL mid-October 2015 Update. As always dues paying members can register for DUAL events.
1. Sunday, 18 Oct, 2015 06:30pm – 08:30pm – Opera with LOVE for Nepal
2. Wednesday, 21 Oct, 2015 07:00pm – 09:30pm – Nanyang Business School Focus Point: The Family Business Map
3. Saturday, 24 Oct, 2015 04:00pm – 08:00pm – Annual Chicago Booth BBQ & Oktoberfest Continue reading DUAL MID OCTOBER 2015 UPDATE
Message from President, Sonia Ong
Beloved Alumni and Friends,
If you have not had enough election madness I am pleased to inform you that the Cornell Club AGM and elections is around the corner. Continue reading 2015 AGM ANNOUNCEMENT – 4 pm, 11 October 2015
CORNELL CLUB SINGAPORE SEPTEMBER 2015 NEWSLETTER
1. We cordially invite you to attend our Open Exco Meeting Sep 13 Sunday 2pm at American Club right ahead of our AGM that will take place approximately 4 October.
Come by to find out more about the ins-and-outs of our club, consider standing for President, VP Programs and/or Treasurer next year and learn about programs in the year ahead.
Please email email@example.com
A) if you are keen to attend to find out more and/or
B) if you are interested in taking on an Exco position (please specify)
2. CORNELL CARES for AIDHA
Aidha is Singapore-registered non-profit training organisation and Institution of Public Character (IPC) providing financial literacy, computer, leadership and entrepreneurship skills to foreign domestic workers. Aidha’s aim is to enable foreign domestic workers to build brighter futures for themselves. For more information attend their Volunteer Orientation on Sunday September 6th at UWC – SEA – 1207 Dover Road. http://www.aidha.org .
Volunteering at Aidha is a truly rewarding experience making the most of your skills.
Date: Sunday, 6th September
Time: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm (please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of the event)
Venue: Aidha Campus, United World College(UWC), Dover Campus – 1207, Dover Road, Singapore 139654
Please go here if you wish to sign up for the Orientation.
Dear Cornellians and Friends
Happy National Day! Read on for more about our SG50 Restaurant Club Visit to NUDE seafood.
We’ve had a marvelous spring and summer following the Charter Day Fiesta celebration at Hombre Cantina in April where more than 70 alumni attended and another great annual satay party last month seeing 50 freshmen, students and alumni come by to send-off the new batch of very promising students. So good to see the Cornell spirit alive this 150th year. Continue reading CORNELL CLUB OF SINGAPORE NEWSLETTER AUGUST 2015
As always, dues paying members are eligible to register for DUAL events.
- Thursday, 04 Jun, 2015 06:30pm – 09:00pm – Entrepreneurship in North Korea – The Penn and Wharton club presents Geoffrey See, CEO of Choson Exchange
- Monday, 08 Jun, 2015 07:00pm – 09:30pm – Speaker Series – In Conversation with Senior Alumni
- Wednesday, 10 Jun, 2015 07:00pm – 10:00pm – Berkeley Club Networking Happy Hour **NEW VENUE**
- Thursday, 11 Jun, 2015 07:00pm – 09:00pm – DUAL LGBT Drinks | 11 June 2015
- Saturday, 13 Jun, 2015 06:30pm – 10:30pm – Murder in Margaritaland Mystery Party Continue reading DUAL JUNE 2015 NEWSLETTER